Sunday, November 18, 2007

Missing: one brain

I don't know what it is this cycle, but I seem to have lost my brain somewhere. First my mind went due to the lupron, and then my mental faculties packed up and gave up altogether. Case in point - my first monitoring appointment.

I thought the nurse said to go to Big Clinic on Sunday the 19th for bloodwork. So I booked everything thinking "Sunday" was the day. But then yesterday I started thinking "wait a minute, the 19th is Monday, and one normally does the first appointment after 3 days on stims. She must have meant Monday. I must have misunderstood her because of her accent."

But did I call to confirm? No, I did not. I just assumed that I had Sunday wrong and that I would turn up on Monday. And then flew up to NY, settled in to the hotel and met up with a few girls for Sunday breakfast. Of course, my cellphone rang while I was in the noisy restaurant and I didn't hear it. An hour later as I was mooching around Bloomies looking for some boots, I checked my cellphone to see what time it was and noticed a voicemail. Yup, I had missed my monitoring appointment. I called the answering service, explained that I'd got confused and thought it was the next day, and a nurse called me back an hour later.

She said I could wait until Monday, but I absolutely have to be in between 7 and 8.30 on Monday morning. Have to. Obligatory. I must be in. She insisted that I write it down so I didn't forget. I said I wouldn't forget this time and not to worry, I'd be there on time. I don't think she believed me. I don't blame her really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL. how funny.
Good luck at your appointment tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you.
-Margie