Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Yawn

Christmas was...OK. Dull, really, but OK. Every year is a reminder that there are no babies in the house, and every year I have said to myself "oh well, maybe next year..." Except that it is getting harder and hard to keep the hope alive that maybe next year I will be a mother. Every year I wonder more if I am doomed to have the quiet adult Christmasses with the sensible gifts of socks and soap for the rest of my life.

Well, enough of that moping, and back to reality. I have made an appointment to have my blood drawn for all those lovely infectious diseases, which is coming up this Friday. I'm a bit nervous about the hepatitis C test, as even though my previous positive turned out to be a false positive, there's always a small part of me that wonders if the follow-up negative was a false negative and if I don't really have hep C after all. And then there's the HSG coming up, and the start of lupron and all that. I'm sure this FET will go fairly quickly, thanks to the holidays. I mean, we'll just get into the New Year and then I'll start the lupron and off we go.

But in the meantime, there are New Year's resolutions to make, and I'm working on my list. Mostly they are the usual - lose weight, get back to eating healthily, get back to exercising, and meditate every day. Well, that's it, really. They are ALL the usual resolutions, so I guess I am nothing if not predictable. God, life is dull.

No comments: