Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Doing the progesterone happy dance

Good news! My progesterone level is 30! It's never been that high before. Ever. In fact, it's never not been completely sucky before. So I'm pretty happy about that. I know the progesterone level doesn't imply pregnancy, but hey, don't rain on my parade when I'm finally happy about it for once.

The crotch itch has gone as well (I'm sure you all were eagerly awaiting another update on that) so I think it was just irritation and not a yeast infection. Phew!

So, it's good news all around. Apart from the fact that I work with a bunch of jackasses who don't know their arses from their elbows. We have this one paralegal that supposedly has 15 years of experience, but he can't seem to get the basic stuff right, and then blames all his errors on absolutely everyone else. I want to commit violence on him. Except I won't, because I'm a nice English girl, and he's much bigger than me. I'm sure the raise in my blood pressure level that he's causing is not good for any implanting embryo, so I'm trying to stay calm, but it's difficult, blogosphere, it's difficult.

In a big off topic ramble which is now coming up, I was watching TV last night and it seemed like pretty much half the ads were for the gubernatorial primaries. Does everyone have that going on, or just some of us lucky ones? There's actually one guy who is running on a platform of banning gay marriage, limiting access to abortions and encouraging more adoptions. I have yet to see him explain satisfactorily just how my gay neighbors are threatening the sanctity of family life, as they wash their cars on Sunday and mow the lawn. Yes, it must be bad to feel so threatened by such terribly corrupting behavior and outward displays of...normalcy. And as for encouraging adoption, I know many gay couples in Florida would just love to adopt and yet they are prevented from doing so. When will people wake up and smell the coffee? It makes me so angry that I can't even vote or give any money to political candidates to fight this kind of bigotry, because I'm not a US citizen and don't have a green card either. Putting a sign in my front yard doesn't quite seem enough.

Oh, and it's not for want of trying that I don't have a green card. I filed my application over two years ago, and it's gone into the black hole that is our government's bureaucracy. In fact, my visa runs out in January so we'll have to see if they try to kick me out or let me hang on while they find my application. I'm supposed to get an automatic extension, but we'll see. Oh, and did I mention that my driving license expired this month? It was set to expire six months before my visa runs out. So I had to go and renew it and of course didn't have any proof that I'm allowed to stay in the country beyond the visa expiry date because the government won't provide that until 3 months before the expiry date. So now when does my new driving license expire? 2 weeks before the visa runs out. On January the first. Greeeat. So I have to try to renew it over Christmas, and hope that the piece of paper I'll get saying I have an automatic visa extension due to the government's slowness over processing the green card application will be enough for the DMV. Because I can't actually get a stamp in my passport unless I go to London to have it done. Which takes a minimum of 3 days, because you have to line up at the U.S. Embassy, give them a lot of money, photos and other information, and they take your passport and FedEx it back to you several days later. And I really don't want to have to fly to London over the Christmas and New Year holidays just so that I can drive when I get back. But then again, I suppose it'll make the family over there happy. Of course, I'm also hoping I'll be pregnant by then, so that'll be added stress - what if I have to go over there and I'm not allowed to by the doctor? Taxis will get pretty darn expensive after a while. I guess there must be some way of appealing DMV decisions if it comes to it. I do work for a fancy law firm after all, there must be someone around here that could handle that for me.

Anyway, the thing that makes me laugh in this whole process is that once I get green card approval, I have to have a medical examination to prove that I'm not bringing in any communicable diseases into the country. Hello people? I'll have been here for 7+ years by that point! I think if I had brought anything contagious with me, half the population of the state could have it by then. Ridiculous.

OK, ramble over. Back to the progesterone happy dance...

2 comments:

namaste said...

Wow. That is a lot of stress for one week, and it's only Tuesday. !!!

Good news about the progesterone, though. Yippee! :)

Calliope said...

WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!
That is an MVP progesterone #, gal!!! Very well done.
I bet it is nice to have all of the goop & pain validated.
wait, is validated the right word??

It bodes well, gal!