Friday, July 11, 2008

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

Drove down to the big city last night to drop the relatives off for their flight. Yay! I have my house back again! But I have to say, it was actually nice having them here, and I'll probably miss them. We did do quite a lot of fun stuff. It was way less stress than hosting my dad and his wife, so it was mostly cool. But I do like my alone time so I am looking forward to the weekend.

I had a weird experience driving back though. I was tootling along I-95 on the way home (because I now tootle instead of speed, all in the name of saving gas), at about 9.45pm, when this white minivan went past me, with their interior light on with a woman in the passenger seat banging on the windows at me, and it looked like she was shouting. My heart leaped into my throat, because I immediately thought that perhaps she'd been abducted and was crying out for help. [See? I can do the American fear thing too!]. So I sped up, so I could overtake them, and she was gesticulating again, but she looked pretty happy and had a smile on her face. So then I decided she hadn't been abducted but thought that maybe my lights weren't on or something, or they were a bunch of college kids having fun (she was quite young). So I got all paranoid about the lights, but nope, they were on. I continued on, and they seemed to slow down. But I started getting more and more worried that maybe she really had been abducted and that it might be my duty to try to get her help. So I slowed down, and let them overtake again, phone at the ready to call the cops. This time she was clearly making silly faces at me. I tailed them for a bit, and overtook one last time, trying to appear nonchalant that I just happened to be driving at erratic speeds. She was definitely waving. I have no idea what it was about. Either someone will come up to me today and tell me what a feckin' idiot I am for not recognizing them, or someone will realize that they were waving at the wrong damn car. I have a fairly unusual car - there's maybe 2 or 3 in the local area - so maybe they thought I was a friend of theirs. Freaky, though. But if that was you - hey! hi! great to see you! I nearly called the cops on you, you dolt.

I started my detox this morning. So far, so good, but then I've only missed one meal, AND am allowing myself green or white tea today, so that I can come down from the caffeine high gradually. I might allow myself a cup of green tea tomorrow morning too, I haven't quite decided yet. This morning for breakfast I blended a big juice drink that I will have 3 or 4 times today - I pretty much just put whatever fruits and juices I had left in the fridge into the blender and that was that. Plus a scoop of spirulina. So today I mixed up orange juice, cranberry/pomegranate juice, an apple, a pear and a bunch of cherries. Probably not the most finely balanced or well thought out mixture, but hey, it tasted good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In this blog author shares his weird experience driving his own car for a long drive. This blog too talks about various problem one can suffer during long drives.