Saturday, July 12, 2008

Detox, II

So far, so good. The headache yesterday afternoon went away after that extra cup of tea, although it kept trying to come back all evening. I made myself a delicious soup for dinner - I boiled onion, celery, carrot, green bell pepper and a potato for a while, then added a lot of kale, boiled a bit more, then threw in some hot pepper flakes and a giant bunch of coriander. Then pureed. Deelish! I went to bed as it got dark, which was super early but I need the rest.

And didn't study any math. I will, I will, promise! Unless that headache comes back. Actually, no, I must power through. I have GOT to sit that college placement test before Thursday.

This morning I am down 2lbs, which is good, although I am not convinced that yesterday's weight was accurate as it had shot up 1.5lbs since earlier in the week, so it may have been a temporary high blip.

Today my hands are feeling quite stiff and sore, and my feet are swollen and painful. One of the reasons I wanted to do this detox is that lately my feet swell every day and get sore by the end of the day. It really bothers me - not in the sense that I can't stand the pain - it's not that bad, nor are my feet so giant that it's affecting mobility or anything, but more in the sense that this means something bad is going on. Is it the extra weight I'm carrying? Is it something else? I keep reading that edema is a sign of high blood pressure, but I keep checking at those cuffs at places like CVS and it is as normal as ever. Anyway, it concerns me and I need to do something about it. Whenever I finally get to the regular doctor for a checkup, I will mention it if it doesn't stop by then. Usually it is OK in the morning, so it's kind of both annoying and gratifying that this morning my feet are bad. Hopefully this means the detox is doing something.

1 comment:

Almamay said...

Salt does that to me. Puffy, sore & stiff. Maybe you had more salt than usual with your guests if you were eating out. I have to keep an eye on myself because I LOVE nachos and they have a lot of salt.