Thursday, October 11, 2007

Uh oh

Spotting this morning. It's only 12DPO, which is not good. My luteal phase should be 14 days - at least, that's what it was before I started messing with fertility treatments, and that's what it normally settles back down to after a while. But earlier in the year I had a few cycles with a luteal phase of 13 days. No biggie. And then last month, I had a 12 day luteal phase. Well, surely, I thought, that is because it is the first cycle after a failed IVF. It will be back to "normal" next cycle. But I guess not. And I feel blah and crampy, and like my period is coming, so it could even be an 11 day luteal phase.

Bah humbug. It'll mess up the timing for the IVF trip, AND a luteal phase of less than 12 days is supposed to indicate a problem. Gah. Why is it never easy?

ETA: Nothing else since this morning, so I'm going to hope that that was just a random fluke and that my period will come on time after all. Or at least just a day early - that I can deal with.

1 comment:

bleu said...

Progesterone is the easiest way to lengthen your LP. I have had LPD and progesterone lengthened it by 4 days. I hope it does not cause too much timing difficulties.