Tuesday, October 30, 2007

On the telling bone

I spent all day on the phone yesterday. Well, that's what it felt like at least. I'm sure my boss was wondering what was going on, as my cellphone rarely makes a peep during the day and here it was going off every few minutes. And everyone who knows me knows how cheap I am with my cellphone minutes so it's quite a strange occurence.

So, I have to hold my horses on the lupron (whoa there, Dobbin). Although the scheduler and the IVF nurse on duty said to start it on Saturday, my own special IVF nurse said I can only do the coculture biopsy after having been on it for two days, so she wants me to start on Sunday instead. No biggie, but I wish they'd get their stories straight. You'd think that they'd all know all of these rules! But anyway, the coculture appointment is nailed down for Tuesday morning, and I booked my flights. My meds order is under way. The pharmacy, in a ridiculous bout of optimism, insisted on checking with my new health insurance company to see if anything was covered. Ummm, yeah. My company switched carriers in order to save money. I'm pretty darn sure they won't have just added an infertility benefit for shits and giggles.

Sadly, the acu that cutie acu recommended for me in NY is going to be out of town for T-giving week, so that's that plan out of the window. He recommended me someone else, but I have to google her before I call. What, me? Call someone out of the blue based on a recommendation? Never!

I think the only thing I still need to do is figure out the whole "day 3 start" that the nurse was muttering about. Apparently last time I did a "day 2" start, and while it might seem obvious that it's the day for starting stims that we're talking about, I'm not sure if it means I should get the u/s on day 2 or day 3. I guess another phone call is in order, as everything seems completely chaotic and left up to the patient when you're doing an "out of town" cycle start as I am. More telephone time, sigh.

3 comments:

bleu said...

Give me an S


S


Give me an A


A


Give me an R


R


Give me an A


A


Give me an H


H


What's that spell?


SARAH
SARAH
SARAH
GO
GO
GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! It is all about to happen!!
wooo hoooooo!!!!

xoxo

p.s. I can't thank you enough for all of the hand holding you have done.

E. Phantzi said...

Best of luck with this cycle!!!