Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Why is it?

Yes, I know, verbal (postal?) diarrhea here, but I just had to post again. Why is it internet, that when I am moseying around online window shopping for my future babe (yes, trying to be positive), why is it that I manage to fall in love with the most expensive baby stuff? Why is that? I really wouldn't say that I have expensive tastes. I am very happy shopping at Target, Ikea (oh if only the S. Florida store would open quicker!) and other such stores. I love hand-me-downs. Really couldn't care less if I buy the expensive thing or the cheap thing. But the baby stuff somehow gets to me. I think it is because so much of it is really the same. I'm so bored of seeing it all. I mean, most of them are OK, but why does every crib have to be a scrolly number that will convert into a full-size headboard? Call me all European, but my kid is not getting a freakin' double bed, so there's no way that I want or need a headboard that big. Not to mention that my house isn't big enough. And I'm tired of looking at sleigh-bed style things. And why is so much of the baby bedding pink or blue, and frilly and pastel? I want bold, bright things. I want a fun nursery. I don't want my nursery to look all themey and perfect.

But here, here is the most beautiful crib, dresser, cabinet, changing table and twin bed out there. Offi nursery furniture. Sigh! Gorgeousness! I absolutely love it. And they have some of it at Target, which is where I first stumbled across it. But to pay $800 for a crib? I just don't think I can do it...

In other news, we are on period watch at chez Sarah. Any time, Aunt Flo, any time.

2 comments:

namaste said...

I've been out of the loop for about the past week or so, so there's too much to comment on (for one with so feeble a brain as me, that is). As for the roof, ouch! The car, OUCH! The baby furniture... very cute. :)

Just popping in to send a random hug your way.

xo

Kristina said...

hi! i just found your blog from stirrup queens list of links. I'm right there with you re: cribs and crib bedding. i went with the coral bedding from Dwell Baby. I found it on ebay for $130. i also hate all the huge stroller travel systems. they're mostly so ugly. so i decided to buy a semi-cheap crib and spend my money on a stroller. i bought a bugaboo frog in sand. the crib i got is kind of boring... but the bedding looks good. i was in love with the Aerial crib . here's some cute bedding too: pinwheel bedding. have fun shopping!
ciao
Kristina