Monday, November 06, 2006

Loony loopy lupron

The smoothie was deelicious, by the way. Looked like ass, but tasted good. In fact, it was perhaps the worst-looking thing I have put in my mouth in a long time, but hey, at least I'm not trying to feed it to a 3-year old so who really cares if it's a sludgy gray-green color?

I spent pretty much all of yesterday afternoon counting down to the first lupron shot. I don't know why I do these things. I guess because with the first few shots, before I get into the routine, I stress that I'm going to forget about it at the last minute, and only realize several hours later (or worse, the next morning) that I didn't do it. But I didn't forget. Even if every 10 minutes I did stop what I was doing just to check the clock because surely more than 10 minutes must have elapsed since I'd last looked at the clock and it must be nearly time. What a waste of mental energy. It went swimmingly. Of course. It seems so little compared with the microdose lupron, which is 0.2ml twice a day instead of 0.1ml once a day. But of course it's more concentrated, and you have to take it for a lot longer so I know it'll actually be worse.

I shouted at the cat today for banging her tail against the keyboard in an annoying fashion while I was doing my breakfast surfing. Hmmm, the beginnings of me being a crabby lupron lady? Or just my usual sunny Monday morning disposition?

3 comments:

katty said...

Just to say GOOD LUCK with this cycle.
You are on your way........

Anonymous said...

Mondays are designed to induce crabbiness. Will be checking in on you....we have 2 weeks till our review at the new clinic.

Good luck!

namaste said...

I would personally blame the cat. They know when it's Mondays and you've begun a new dose... crafty creatures that they are...

I can't wait to see how this cycle goes with all of the new changes you've made, the er, adjustments, you've had to your insides and all that.