Friday, November 17, 2006

Suppressed

I trundled down to the RE's this morning, in my lovely almost-new car, which still rattles occasionally but is running a lot better than it used to. Had my blood drawn, had an ultrasound for the suppression check, all that jazz. My ovaries look good, with no cysts, but the u/s tech didn't count the follicles - she hardly ever does unless she has to measure them, but it looked like there were several on each side to me, so I didn't mind the lack of a formal count. Besides, lately the counts have all been depressing, so I'd prefer to imagine that I have a ton of follicles there that the tech just was too quick to wand over. It keeps the optimism going that little bit longer. However, as my period still hasn't put in an appearance, of course my lining is too thick. So, I met with the IVF nurse (who, by the way, was all cheery and "hello, my name is J___" when I was thinking "I know who you are, lady, don't think I've forgotten that you made me cry with an evil comment during one of my IUI cycles". Of course, I smiled nicely and said "hi J___, how are you today?". I'm such a wimp). Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, she said I had to wait until my period started before I start stims. And full flow. Not just spotting. She repeated herself several times as if I was an imbecile. Full flow. Yeah, I do actually have enough brain power to understand that concept. So, it could be tomorrow, could be Sunday, could be today- but that's unlikely in my book. I'm either a first thing in the morning gal, or I get spotting in the late afternoon/early evening, and then the following day is day one. So I'm not expecting to have to rush home to get the stim meds out of the fridge today.

1 comment:

Calliope said...

hurrah for being cyst free!

SUCKS about the waiting. I'm so ready for you to start!
xo