Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The nine

Well, I am back from ER! We got stopped for speeding on the way there, which wasn't a good sign. Effing cops were just getting everyone - we weren't even driving that fast or dangerously. Although I did see a rainbow just before we got stopped for speeding, so up until that point had been thinking that the omens were good. Then my RE completely gave up on my left ovary - my aunt, who was allowed in the room to watch, said she could see the needle pushing against the follicle, but it wasn't going in, and the ovary would move every time he tried to stick the needle in. I guess I've become a tough old broad. He even got the nurse to push down on my abdomen in order to stop the ovary moving around. But he couldn't do it, and decided it was more risky to keep poking around in there as he didn't want to nick the bowel, so just gave up! He said the follicles weren't that big anyway so he just left them. I've had some bleeding, so I believe he really was digging around in there.

But the good news is we got 9 eggs from the right ovary! Good old righty! In fact, thank God for righty on this cycle.

So now I have that odd feeling of fullness still on the left, and sucked-outness on the right. Odd. Not sure if the left ones will just reabsorb or if they'll ovulate. If I had a ready supply of fresh sperm, I might be tempted to ignore the "no intercourse for a week" instruction and try to see if I could fertilize any ovulated eggs. Or at least get my husband to do the deed into a cup for me to shoot up there. But alas, no free sperm, so even if the eggs on the left do ovulate, they'll be wasted. Oh well, I'll concentrate on the ones I do have. Do your thing, eggs and sperm, do your thing and get busy in that petrie dish.

5 comments:

namaste said...

Yay! for a good retrieval.

Boo for the speeding ticket. Grumble.

Hopefully there's some moving and shaking going on in that petri dish tonight. Come on little ones...

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah - Delurking here to wish you lots of luck on this cycle!!!

katty said...

Hey. Checked your site immediately yesterday and tried to send you a message... but word verification wasn't working...
Well done on the nine.... that's a good number. I hope that all goes well and you get good embryos...
I would have thought you will ovulate naturally. The HCG trigger prompts ovulation: isn't the reason that the retrieval is so carefully timed to 36 hours because soon after that those follicles pop?
So hopefully you will feel better soon...
GOOD LUCK.
Hoping for an excellent update.

Calliope said...

ooooh! 9!
I think the speeding ticket is the good omen. Have you EVER gotten one before? See? It's something different about this cycle.

Praying & hoping for you. When does the report come in??

go 9, go!!

Anonymous said...

Just delurking here to tell you that I am keeping my fingers crossed for you on this cycle! Good luck!!