Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Can we talk eyebrows?

I have absolutely nothing to say on the subject of IVF today. Or yesterday. I have recovered somewhat from my freakout, so that's good. Otherwise, I'm just hanging out, taking the BCPs, waiting for the lupron to start. In other words, I'm just sitting around in the most boring part of the cycle.

I finally weighed myself this morning. The result was NOT GOOD. But that's all I'm going to say on that subject. I'll lose weight while I'm breastfeeding, right? Either that or Sarah's joining Weight Watchers come January 1st.

What I really want to discuss, and what has been bugging me for a while, is the subject of eyebrows. Can we talk eyebrows, internet? You see, I saw an article or a little comment or two saying that bushier eyebrows were in. And I decided to immediately jump on the bandwagon. I mean, you can tell me until you're blue in the face that skinny jeans are in, and I'll politely ignore that particular fashion trend as if you'd just farted. Maybe if by next year they're still in, and everyone and their grandmother are wearing skinny jeans, maybe then I'll try a pair. But until then, no dice. Not even those articles that I see saying "curvy girls can wear skinny jeans too!" are persuading me at this point. But tell me that bushy eyebrows are cool? Man, I am there. Because it means less plucking. And less plucking means less work. And less work on appearance and grooming related things are just fabulous in my book. Yes, I'm inherently a lazy slob at heart.

But gawd, it takes forever to grow out your eyebrows! They still don't look like anything. They still look like I just forgot to pluck a few stray hairs, and it's been like 6 weeks or something. OK, they're slowly filling in, but I feel like I constantly want to apologize for the state of my eyebrows. And I ask you, is that a good situation to be in, internet? Being an eyebrow apologist?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for the day when chin hairs are in...

& seriously, you should never apologize for your eyeborws!

Anonymous said...

LOL. I agree with Calliope, never apologize for your eyebrows. I have never plucked - just sounds far too painful to me. I generally try to pretend my eyebrows don't exist actually. Nice to know I'm finally close to fashionable (probably as close as I'll ever get!)

katty said...

I have never ever plucked my eyebrows. They are really thick and I never notice them so I don't see why anyone else should. Actually I never notice anyone elses eyebrows either. Its one of those things: once you start you are stuck doing it forever. Also plucked eyebrows... slightly yucky.
That said, the young woman who does my manicures is so offended by my eyebrows she has offered to do them for free...

Anonymous said...

Well, as you know, I am an eyebrow waxer and waxee, so, I am all in favor of the grooming. In fact, I did such a fabu wax job on my eyebrows this time that I just want to show it off!

They'll be all set for your admiring pleasure on Sunday!