Friday, September 08, 2006

The vampires are coming!

I have my blood draw appointment for the immunology testing. It's going to happen next Wednesday at 7am. Yup, 7am. At my house.

The nice lady on the phone initially said they could do appointments between 8am and 11.30am, but then came back and said they could fit me in early if I did a 7am. I was like, huh? 7am at my house? Will the person expect me to have showered and to be properly dressed? Because let's face it internet, that's not likely to have happened by 7am. And she assured me that showering was not necessary. I guess I can drag a comb through the frizzy nightmare that is my hair when I first wake up, and clean my teeth. Maybe I can throw on some sweats so that I am somewhat decently attired.

It's such an alien concept that some guy is going to be drawing my blood at my dining table. At 7am. Wouldn't it be nice if RE's offered this service? If they could turn up with a mobile ultrasound, do the quick blood draw for the E2 and voila! Although I suppose ultrasound machines are pretty big, so it'd probably have to be a mobile ultrasound van, and I'm not sure I want a dildocam experience in the driveway, so maybe we should just scratch that idea.

1 comment:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I would love that. Lying on my bed, watching the Food Network, RE slipping the catheter through my hoo-haa. Not needing to reset the clock three times and pretend it's broken when they let you "lie still on the table for ten minutes" post IUI...