Thursday, September 21, 2006

Playing tag

I've been tagged, by the very wonderful Calliope. Little old me! A real tag! Oooh, I feel all grown up in the blogger word now. Anyway, I'm supposed to use four words she selected and tell you something deep and meaningful about myself.

Magic
I actually believe in magic. Always have done, probably always will do. Maybe that's why I love Harry Potter so much, because there's a part of me that thinks that somewhere some people perhaps do have the ability to make things happen in that way. I know on a more down-to-earth level that changes in energy can be worked by people doing Wiccan rites, and that that can be called magic. But my belief in magic extends beyond that, to the feeling that maybe witches of old could do amazing things, and that maybe people who can do that are out there still. Anyway, it's nice to dream about riding on a broomstick, and pointing a magic wand to make something change in the world.

Elevator
There was a story on CNN a few years ago about a surgical intern who got decapitated as he stepped into an elevator in the hospital in which he worked. There was a woman trapped in the elevator for about 20 minutes. I now think of this story literally every time I get in an elevator. I mean, how on earth does it happen? The doors must have been closing super fast to trap him, or was he trying to rush into the elevator late? And was the woman trapped with the guy's head or his body? Can you imagine what that must have been like to have been in there with just his head, having just witnessed that? I'd have been in absolute hysterics. Not to mention that it must have hurt the poor guy terribly. So, not such a big elevator fan these days.

Humble
I really don't like when people use IMHO when posting on the internet. I mean, what's wrong with IMO? Why do we have to hear your humble opinion? What on earth is humble about it? It seems to me that what they're really saying is that their opinion is anything but humble so you'd better darn well listen, and it therefore strikes me as arrogant. People who are truly humble don't have to tell other people about the fact of their humbleness. [Is that a word?] They just quietly get on with it.

Perfect
I struggle with this one. I wish I was perfect in so many ways, and I struggle to try to make myself so. I try to be perfect about eating, about exercising, doing my job, having that work/life balance. Mostly, if I'm being honest, I think that perfection may lead to me getting knocked up somehow so that's why I strive for it. Like karma will give me payback if I rack up enough perfection points. I certainly could care less about perfection in other areas of my life. I am not a snappy dresser, I don't use much makeup, I don't wear anything uncomfortable, I don't try to make an effort to impress people. So why do I beat myself up if I don't take all the vitamins I think I should take in a day? Why do any of us strive for perfection, when it's pretty well unattainable?

OK, I'm supposed to be tagging four more people. But I don't know four bloggers who a) haven't already been tagged, and b) might actually stumble on this blog every now and then. I'm pretty sure most of the bloggers I read don't have a clue who I am. [Is that me being humble, or just annoyingly pathetic!]. So, I'll just say if you want to be tagged, leave me a comment and I'll be more than happy to think up some words I'd like you to write on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yikes. that elevator story is messed up. ugh!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that elevator story is just the creeps.

But, if you'd like another blog to read and play with, here's mine.

Just FYI, though, I don't use my real name on it. Anonymity is nice at least for me. However, my sister, and a few IRL friends read it as well.

I've been keeping it for a pretty long time now so, if you are ever really really really bored and want to know more about your FF pal, then, feel free to read the archives.

http://mygoddesswithin.livejournal.com/

Little Nell said...

Another FF here, who will be reading to see how your visit to Clear Passage goes!!