Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Nervous

I'm nervous. Waiting for the call from the RE, which probably won't come until later this afternoon. It's day 5 today, so I'll find out today how many made it to blast or look like they might make it to blast tomorrow.

This seems like a big test for me. I've never done a fresh 5 day transfer, so I don't know how well my embryos do going from day 3 to day 5. I know I haven't had any die off before day 3, but day 5? I have no idea. I've only had 5 that I didn't transfer fresh, and I know that at Local Clinic two out of four made it to blasts, one of which was good enough to freeze and transfer later. I've no information about the one embryo that I didn't transfer at NY Clinic because getting information out of them on anything is like getting blood out of a stone.

So anyway, I'd think I have a good chance because those that I didn't transfer were not great on day 3 anyway. But I just don't know. Is it selfish to want 3 or 4 blasts out of 5 embryos? Perhaps, but there's definitely a part of me that wants more than 2 to have survived. Somehow it seems that with only 2, I need a 50% "good" rate in order for one to be normal, which seems too high. I know it's not really 1 out of 2, it's 1 out of 5 or 6, which is a 16-20% normal rate. Gack. Even that seems like it's expecting too much.

Yup, nervous.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck waiting this out. I congratulate you on your goals from yesterday's post! We always hear that long term goals are the best for weight issues -- sounds like you are taking that to heart. Don't mean to advertise, but my mother swears by w.eight w.atchers, where they apparently embrace that philosophy. I've never joined, but I do love one of their cookbooks: make it in minutes. I despise cooking, but I can manage this one. I can't remember if you eat fish or not, but they include plenty of fish and vegetarian dishes. Good luck!

PS - I used to be a south fla buddy on FF, but I recently ended my quest to ttc#2. I still enjoy reading your blog though, and I route for you every day!

Anonymous said...

The waiting--it is excruciating. Keeping you in my thoughts.
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and praying for more than 2 also.
xo
-Margie

Anonymous said...

I am right here waiting with you. I am rooting for 5 blasts- why the hell not?! Go ahead- let's be smug and hopeful today.

Seriously- I am so fucking hopeful for you. And I can't wait to hear about the study and everything.

xoxo