Monday, January 01, 2007

A merry New Year, one and all

I have calmed down about the DMV. It took a long time, and a very miserable sleepless night, punctuated with thoughts of murder, wishes that I had been better about making them see how unjust they were being, and wishes that they had just been a little bit more human.

But I figured that this whole immigration thing is just another endurance test. Like infertility. Somehow, I am "blessed" with two endurance tests at once. Either I give up and go back to England childless and jobless, and live the rest of my life feeling like I am a failure and a quitter, or I keep moving forward somehow. When it all boils down to it, it is a simple choice. Keep putting one foot in front of the other, or retreat and lick your wounds.

Hopefully I will be without a license for less than 2 weeks, so hopefully it will be bearable. I guess I will be doing a lot of cycling, so maybe it'll help kick start my diet. I have finally joined Weight Watchers, so hopefully this will enable me to lose some of the weight I have piled on during TTC. I figure if I can't be pregnant, at least I can be skinny. And if I am delayed in doing IVF again, at least I can go into it at a healthier weight.

I keep trying to look forward into 2007, but it is difficult so I am trying not to do it too often. When I do, it seems that 2007 could well be the last year for trying to get pregnant with my own eggs, and that is a scary thought.

1 comment:

Elowyn said...

Darn the DMV and USCIS. Crap on both of them.

As for WW, I started yesterday myself. I'm cheering you on!