Thursday, January 11, 2007

I can drive!! And other ramblings

My appointment at the DMV went well today, and I am cleared to drive. Woo-hoo! I know it's only been 11 days, but man, the bus/cycle deal was starting to drag. Especially this morning when two people (including me) wanted to get off at the stop nearest my work, and I of course was at the back bus door which the driver for some reason didn't open as she didn't see me. Presumably she thought the lady getting off at the front door was the only one who wanted out. Various patrons shouted "back door!" to alert her, so I guess it happens every now and then, but that didn't stop her from just driving on to the next freakin' stop. So I had to walk back. Cursing all the way.

And of course, I don't have an actual license yet, but just a temporary permit. Which is a regular piece of paper that they print some crap out on, and then sign. In black pen. I wondered about the black pen thing last time too, because it'd be so easy to photocopy the thing and alter it if you wanted to. And it says right on there that photocopies aren't allowed, you must carry the original document, but who the eff would know? They are mailing the new license to me. Oh please let it have an expiry date that is more than 6 months from now. Oh please, oh please. I don't want to have to go back to the DMV for a looong time.

In other IVF ramblings, I started the paperchasing to set up the next round of fun. Got my new patient form sent off to Big New Clinic, and got the records release form sent off to the current RE to have my medical records sent to me. I'll be interested in what's in my file when it comes. There are so many tests that I've done which I've just been told are normal, but hey, I think it'd be nice to see exactly what my TSH level is, or my prolactin level, or whatever else they tested for. I also can't even remember half the tests I've done, so can't even answer anyone if they ask if I'd had X test. Uh, maybe?

I am also trying to decide if I should set up other phone consultations or not. I mean, perhaps it would be sensible to see what three of these top clinics say I should do next, and maybe even get some testing done, before I cycle again. It'd probably mean delaying the cycle a bit, but what if one of the clinics found something that is fixable? Isn't it worth a few hundred extra dollars to speak to some of these gurus? But then again, it's a whole heap of stress to have to run around and set all that up. So, as usual, I am stuck.

I also realized that, as my employer has an office in the city in which Big New Clinic is located (and at least one other top place), I might be able to work part-time while I am cycling there. Which would mean less time off, which would mean potentially being able to do this twice this year if I have to. I don't think it'd be too stressful to take a couple of long projects with me, and sit in another office for 4 hours a day. It wouldn't be as bad as having people bug me all day, and having all the small day-to-day deadlines to meet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hot damn!! What a huge relief eh? Makes you really appreciate having a car doesn't it? LOL! I am so happy you have 4 wheels to get around in again! ;o)

I hope your dream comes true with your new clinic! Good Luck Sarah! I'm pulling for ya!