Wednesday, January 24, 2007

It's Wednesday!

Not that Wednesday is anything special, but it was the best title I could come up with on the spur of the moment.

I just wanted to post that I seem to be bursting with energy at the moment. I don't know if it is the new herbs, or the extra protein, or some dietary changes I have made, but long may it last. I found a great article at acupuncture.com on vegetarian nutrition, and it has really kind of clicked about how I can eat vegetarian food and still fall within the energy requirements for Chinese medicine. That I can really build myself up from all of these deficiencies without compromising my principles.

As far as the extra protein thing is going, so far so good, but I have already calculated that I need two whey protein drinks today because I had a black bean and rice dish for lunch instead of a soy or other protein type thing. It's going to be difficult to keep up an intake of 60g per day on a long term basis if I fall under 10g of protein for any one meal. Which is easy to do. Now, I confess that I'm not counting protein in vegetables - I know there is some, but it's just too hard to do the math. So I should be getting more than I am counting, but still. 60g is hard to do if you're not monitoring it carefully.

2 comments:

bleu said...

I just wanted to say how great it is to read your smil recently. I am so impressed and happy to see hope back.
I also really think the protein watching is very key. I was a vegetarian for years and never healthy and watched my protein but still never did the shakes or anything.
Good luck and know I am out here in your rooting section.

Anonymous said...

Good Job with the protein diet and taking charge of your health! It can sure make a big difference in your overall well being! Keep up the good work!