Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Finally, some fucking GOOD NEWS for a change!

Awww, thanks for the comments, guys. You stayed for the snark? Sniff! I'm so proud! Although I think the blog has been pretty sappy and wishy washy lately, so I will try to improve on that.

I was going to blog today about dieticians and why I could never be one (my god, they need the patience of a frickin' SAINT - I could never say the same thing over and over and over again to try to get people to eat better). Or maybe about the idiots that run my local gas company (got a letter yesterday, dated 4 days previously that unless they heard from me within 5 days they would cut my gas supply off so they could do something with my meter). Or maybe I was going to do my semi-annual rant about why some Americans can't understand that they too have an accent (yes, you damn well DO. Everybody has an accent).

But instead....

some good news for once. Insanely awesome news. Absolutely wonderful, the best news I could hope for - short of getting knocked up - type of news. After nearly 8 years, I got approval to get me one of these!!!

I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES! YES! YES! YES!

So so fucking THRILLED for you, sweetie!

About time something wonderful happened.

CARTWHEEEEEEEEEEEL!

Care said...

Woohoo! Time for a celebration!!!!!

Tiny le Chef said...

Wow, that's huge!!! I'm so happy for you! As a former LPR myself (citizen since '93), I applaud your patience and diligence. And I'm so glad that we don't have to worry about you skipping back across the pond!

bleu said...

ONLY because it gives you freedom and makes you so happy can I say CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb said...

YAY! congrats!

Aimee said...

Hip Hip Hurray!!! That's wonderful Sarah!!! Celebrate the moment!!! I'm jumping up and down with you!!!

Amy said...

Great news!

luna said...

big congrats!

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOOO VERY HAPPY for you!!! Just think this is wonderful, wonderful news! :-)

Anonymous said...

Exellent news. So glad you don't have that to worry about any more.

Glad you've decided to stick around in blogland too.

Alacrity said...

Congratulations Sarah!

Almamay said...

Great news! Can't wait to meet up when you come back to Blightey to visit.

From your Dual National (USA +UK) Reader,
Almamay

Kim said...

Wow, that's just huge news! Congrats, lady!!!

BigP's Heather said...

CONGRATS!!! That is WONDERFUL news! I'm so happy for you!!

R said...

AWESOME NEWS!! CONGRATS TO YOU!! :)

Anonymous said...

I know I already said this but, YIPPEEE!!!

(And, yes, I know. I *do* have an accent, too. *sigh*)

Pepper said...

I admit to being guilty of the I-don't-have-an-accent thing, but in my defense I did realize the error of my ways when I was a mere teen. :o)

Many, many congrats on your accomplishment! It must feel as if a huge weight has been lifted, which is so incredibly awesome.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news Sarah!
I'm so happy for you.
Yippie!!!
-Margie

Melissa said...

Yeah!! I am so thrilled that you have such fabulous news! Congrats!

kate said...

I clicked over from the L&F posting. Very cool! My husband is a proud green-card carrying LPR himself. He may eventually pursue dual citizenship, but until such a time as the German government makes it a bit easier, he's content as things are.

Congratulations to you!

Cibele said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I starting the process right now, I know how painful and stressful it is... You're free indeed. Congratulations