Friday, April 13, 2007

It's the herb, dude

One. More. Day.

I've been temping a lot this cycle - well, I have continued temping all along, just because I like to know when ovulation happened, but there've been chunks of time when I didn't bother. Like during my period or most of the luteal phase. But this cycle I kept it going after ovulation. Not sure why really but I suppose I needed to feel like I was doing something. And I have been surprised, nay stunned, at how beautifully even my temperatures are. If only I'd had one of those classic dips on the day of ovulation, you could almost put my chart in a book as one of those "this is how your temperature chart should look" examples. Needless to say, most of the rest of the time you'd have put it in the "this shows temperatures varying a bit too much" section.

Anyway, I think it is all to do with the herbs I am taking. Because I'm certainly not being any healthier at the moment than previously, and in fact have been very stressed about work and going to bed far too late. So the herbs must be it. You see, I have been self dosing. Bad me. I'll slap my own hand for it - there's no need for you to do it. But, see, I felt that the acu just really wasn't doing enough for me and I felt that there were a lot of areas that we just weren't addressing. Therefore, I've been taking Chinese herbs on my own for the last three months without telling the acu. On top of the Chinese herbs that she has me take. Ha ha. My body is a science experiment. But right now I am on some herbs that the book "The Infertility Cure" says would be the best for preparing the average woman for IVF. They include a kidney yin formula, and a blood tonifying formula which I know I need and have been taking for a while. I've never really done any kidney yin tonification before because I didn't think I need it, and none of the acus have ever thought I needed it. [Yes, I've had consultations with more than one acu - four to be precise.] But ever since I've been taking it - boom, nice even temperatures. Just like that. Immediately, like. Instantaneous, and all that. Do you think this maybe really was the missing link? That I had an underlying kidney yin issue that no-one has really noticed before? No, don't answer that. I'm going to believe that this has fixed something that was never fixed before and try to add it to the fragile little tower of things I am clinging on to to give me hope.

No comments: