Saturday, October 11, 2008

Nice things

I have to say, there is one aspect about community college I am definitely enjoying, and that is the positive feedback. Where I work you basically get feedback if someone isn't happy with you. The only clue you have if you're doing a good job is if no-one is whining. But that doesn't happen very often because there's always something to whine about - even if the work you did was great, you probably spent too long doing it. Or something. 


So, it's nice to have a little coddling for once.  Just got this comment:

Wow, what an excellent and well-written paper! Your discussion of the history, constitutional questions and issues in the case, along with your analysis of precedent, implications and ideological angles, is spot-on. Your connections to the course and textbook material are strong and your opinion section nicely detailed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your paper! If you haven't already, you should consider doing honors projects and taking honors classes in the future. You will be very successful.

Feeling proud! :) Even if I did call this professor a stupid bitch in an earlier post. Ahem. Clearly she's not stupid at all...heh heh.

6 comments:

bleu said...

Very impressive. She took quite a bit to really write that to you, she is obviously VERY impressed. Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! That's one smart woman! :)

Billy said...

Wow! What a nice comment :-)
And proud you should be!

Sara said...

Glad you're enjoying community college after all!

Anonymous said...

so where can I get the bumper sticker that says, "My friend Sarah should be taking honors classes!"

dude- you are ROCKING school!!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Sarah!! I'm sure every word of it is true.

I can't imagine being a teacher at a CC and getting the just-out-of-high-school papers by the dozen and then having yours in there with them.

I'm sure everyone got graded down because they were so much crap in comparison to wonderful YOU!!