Thursday, October 26, 2006

I heart BCPs!

You know, internet, I have been in a ridiculously good mood since I started the BCPs this time. No psycho bitch from hell. No crying at odd moments for no apparent reason. Which is all a bit bizarre really, as I should be feeling miserable over the work situation, but I have decided that work will sort itself out one way or another, and at least I have a vague going-to-live-in-London plan for if it doesn't sort itself out. I guess that's hormones for ya, just plain crazy! One time they're the most hideous evil invention since the nuclear bomb, and the next they're actually putting me in a better mood than normal.

Anyhoo, I called the cleaning service today and swapped my schedule from every two weeks to every 4 weeks. Yes, I couldn't quite bring myself to cancel entirely, as my house has been a complete disaster since they last cleaned. But I have managed to swish the toilet out with a toilet cleaner and wipe some kitchen counters, so there's been some progress. I will save $80 a month by reducing the cleaning service, and if I cancel my Curves membership this week as I keep promising myself I will, that'll add another $40 to the "money saved" count. $120 a month isn't too shabby to start with. I can't quite figure out how to add in the money saved by using the bicycle, as I have no idea how to account for wear and tear to the car, nor the outlay of the bike itself, but so far I've done 60 miles which as I have a hybrid car that does 40 miles to the gallon works out at only 1.5 gallons. So about $5 then, give or take. But that's in two weeks, so in a month it'll be $10, excluding wear and tear and all that. $130 in total saved per month. Not too shabby at all, really, even if I do say so myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sooo glad that you aren't going postal on the bcp's phew!!

katty said...

Impressed by cycling done and money saved. but look out on cleaning service. I asked someone to come and clean once a month, but she stays twice as long becuase the house gets so filthy in that time... and so it ends up costing the same as twice in a month...
PS congratulations for passing the polyp test.

Kim said...

Congrats on NO POLYPS!

As far as the car and $$$, look at it this way: you'll have to do less frequent auto maintenace, since it's not being driven as much. :D