Friday, February 09, 2007

Friday fandango

Thanks for the positive thinking comments. I ordered a new-agey DVD so we'll see if that helps. It still hurts just as bad whether you've tried to "protect" yourself, or whether you've given full reign to the new baby fantasies, so I've decided to just go whole hog on the fantasies this time.

Not much else going on with me, except that I seem to be developing (gasp) a social life. I basically cut myself off for a while there, as my previous social life revolved around going to bars and drinking a lot. And if you're trying to conceive, that's not the sort of thing you can really do, is it? Add to that, the whole depression thing because I wasn't getting knocked up, and it didn't make for much fun going on.

Well, I've been trying to open myself up for new things. It's also helped that most of my childless friends here, who are all younger than me, are now finally in their 30's, and are starting to slow down. Finally! It seems that gradually they're coming to realize that a nice quiet dinner at a neighborhood restaurant is a pretty fine way to spend an evening, and that "going out" doesn't have to involve a night club. I have a Chinese New Year celebration at a tea importers, and a couple of dinners with work colleagues coming up. I went out twice last weekend, and will probably mosey on down to Miami this weekend. Not bad, really. Not bad at all. IVF breaks are good for the soul, I tell ya.

Still haven't ordered any donor sperm, and I'm starting to fret now that the donor will have sold out, so I'm trying to get up the courage to at least check the bank's website to see if he's still listed. We'll see. Hopefully Big New Clinic will move this weekend, or early next week, and then I'll get on to ordering the stuff.

No comments: