Saturday, January 10, 2009

Wiped out

One week done, and I am exhausted. Good lord, and to think I was all keen on adopting a month ago. I couldn't look after a child AND myself at this point. However, I am reminding myself that once the time comes to adopt, I will have adapted to my schedule, and I (hopefully) won't find it as exhausting.

So, what have I learned that can be shared?

Well, don't drink too much green tea if you have Spleen Qi deficiency (ginger is better). Green tea and Ginseng are pointless together, as the green tea completely nullifies the action of the ginseng. By the time you have symptoms, you can't be cured other than temporarily. The disease will come back at some point, but you can delay when the disease comes back. So prevention is much better than treatment.

That last one is a bit depressing. And I'm not sure I believe the guy that you can't cure anything. What are we all doing this for, then? Just to alleviate? Not that alleviating symptoms isn't a good idea, and all, but it would be nice to think that we can cure too.

That's all I can think of right now. There's been a lot of yin/yang theory and all that sort of stuff, which is interesting, but not necessarily good blog material right now when my brain is too tired to think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just have to ask since I have been addicted to green tea since I was pregnant with the twins...what are the symptoms of a spleen Qi and how can you tell if you have it? Just my luck I'll be doing irreparable harm to myself. Hang in there. I hope you have some down time and next week isn't so bad, but I've found that times of intense learning or even sitting in all day boring meetings just taxes you in a way that makes no physical sense. Deb (deb2you2)