Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Um, so, wow. Big news!

OK, 3 more days, yadda yadda yadda.

But here's the big news of the day:

The US government has been working away diligently, and all of a sudden they've cleared some immigration backlogs. Meaning that I am cleared to file my ad.justment of st.atus to get my g.reen card! Whoop!! Yes, to eagle-eyed readers, this is the very thing that I was told in January would take another 3 years for me to be able to do.

Umm, like, wow. I have to have a physical to prove that I am healthy. Bwahahaha! Luckily, hep C is not on the list of prohibited diseases. Phew, phew and double phew. But I will have to get a hep B vaccination, so I'll have to ask the internist if that's safe for me to do right now.

Now, obviously it'll take a while to get all the reams of paperwork together, book the physical, take the tests, find my old vaccination records, have new vaccinations, etc, etc. And when I say reams of paperwork, I mean the forms together pretty much make up a small book. But lordy! Here I have sat, annoyed at my job, seething that I couldn't go anywhere else, and this week I've actually been having a good week at it, working away diligently, and bam, here's my opportunity to change jobs if I really want to. And I don't think I'm ready! How ridiculous is that? But I just haven't figured out that old second career thing, or where in the country I might move to, or how on earth I'd tell my aunt that I'm ditching Florida. So I actually have to start thinking about what I really want, and figuring out what I'm going to do. Not that I'd do anything until after the next IVF is over, of course. I guess it gives me a great opportunity for if the IVF fails, of completely changing my life. And if it works, I'll be staying put anyway because I finally reached maximum benefit entitlement so I'll want as much maternity benefit as possible.

But ooh, I'm all giddy! This week is turning out to be a trip so far. Still hoping it doesn't all come crashing down on Friday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY SHIT!!
Sarah!!!
This is fantastic news. wow. I know it will mean lots (more) work for you, but what an effing relief. Unhook those shackles!
um...you wanna move to my town?

Kim said...

Holy bejeezus, that's great news! Good luck compiling the reams of paperwork and all, but hey, at least you don't have to wait another 3 years!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news!! Once you get the papers together things will go in a snap. It took 6 weeks from the time we sent our paperwork in (to the American Consulate in London) to getting Mr. Oro's visa - I have no doubt it'll be just as quick for you!

And if not, well, feel free to slate me on my blog.

Care said...

Woohoo! This is awesome news!!!!!