Saturday, December 02, 2006

Single embryo transfer, sort of

The transfer went well. It was very smooth, I got the water drinking correct so my bladder was full but not bursting, and the acu came to the clinic to do a session pre- and post-transfer. In fact, I kind of fell asleep when I was lying on the table after the transfer with the needles in me. Of course, that probably had something to do with the valium I took as well, but hey. Snoozing is good.

But the real news is that I got one good one! I'm pretty happy about it - I got an 8-celled grade 1 embryo. Grade 1 is the best at my clinic, and that's the best embryo I've managed to produce so far. My previous best were an 8-celled grade 2 and a 7-celled grade 2, both on the first ER/ET. Last time the best I got was a 5-celled grade 1. The other two embryos did make it to transfer but they were both 4-celled grade 5's. Which are just about as sucky as they can get and still be transferred, I would guess. In fact, they probably would have been discarded had I had any other embryos.

So, I'm going to look on it as a single embryo transfer, with the best embryo I've ever had. That's not bad, really, and at least gives me one little guy to be positive over.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

katty said...

Hurrah. I am hoping and hoping for Excellent Embryo...

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! And no need to apologize for being whiny - you're entitled. I'm tres impressed that you drank just the right amount of water and dozed off during post-transfer acu. I, on the other hand, required a bedpan.

Hope this is it for you!!!

Solitaire said...

Thanks guys! And I did require a bedpan! I just know now to ask for it as soon as they wheel me out of the room to post-OP. It's only AFTER bed pan usage that one can relax!!

namaste said...

Yay! One good little guy! You guys will be in my thoughts. xo

Calliope said...

woooo hoooo on the kick ass 8 cell grade 1!!!!

"the best at the clinic" you know it!

A+,rock star, super duper embryo- do your thang!
thinking of you & your brood.
xo

ColourYourWorld said...

Great One !

Good luck !

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where I can find free online grant applications?