Sunday, November 19, 2006

Smelly cat

I started my stims this morning. I will be doing 2 vials of menopur and 1 vial of follistim in the mornings, and 1 vial of repronex and 2 vials of follistim in the evening. I'm only using the repronex because I have some left over from last cycle so I'm trying to spread it out by using one vial a day just in case the menopur really is better.

The menopur comes with this handy dandy mixing device called a Q-cap, which you use to puncture the vial with and transfer liquid to and fro with. It's much easier than using a big old needle to do the mixing with. But as I have approximately 6 trillion of the old-style syringes with mixing needles already attached, I figure I'll use them for the repronex shot. Actually, I really should count how many syringes I have built up over 4 cycles because I think you'd be amazed. And that's with doing 3 or 4 shots a day, but when you get a syringe per vial, and combine 3 vials in one shot, you start building up a surplus pretty fast.

I'm worrying about my kitty today. She got scratched by another cat earlier in the week, and it seemed to be healing just fine, but yesterday I noticed some pus oozing out of the cut. Today it is starting to smell bad and infected. I have been cleaning it with a washcloth regularly since I noticed the pus (and she's been letting me do it, surprisingly), and have been putting neosporin on it. Yes, I googled whether it was safe to use neosporin on cats. But if it doesn't show some serious improvement by tonight, we will be going to the vets as soon as we can on Monday. It definitely won't be fun trying to feed a cat antibiotics, but I managed it before when she had a UTI once, so I can manage it again. That'll be great, eh, me on my medicines and her on others. In the meantime, the refrain of the day is "smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you?".

Got my final roofing quote yesterday, and it was $27,500. So the prices have ranged from $10,000 to $27,500. Some difference, huh? I am trying to make the decision early next week, so on Monday I'll be calling the cheap guy and asking for references.

Anyway, please oh please let this IVF work!! Please let these stims shots generate lots of nice evenly sized follicles!

No comments: