Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just so you know...

It took until Tuesday morning to get an (almost) definitive answer on the question of whether I was fired or not. My department head said "well, I don't think you were fired. Maybe they just cut your benefits." Then the office manager expounded on how you have to do 30 hours a week for benefits, and maybe they were looking at certain figures and not other figures and that could be an answer. To which I replied that they would still have had to have given me advanced notice. And that it would be nice if someone, anyone, had shown a bit more confidence in whether I was still an employee or not.  Even my own boss. And the HR woman, when she finally got back to me sent me a one line email saying "I show you as OK."  Which raised the question as to precisely what OK meant.


But on Tuesday morning the HR woman sent me an email saying that she had spoken to the insurance company and that my benefits had been reinstated.  No confirming that it had been a mistake, or apologizing for the stress, or anything. Thanks a lot, employer, for all the warm and fuzzies.

4 comments:

niobe said...

Sigh. I hate people.

Care said...

I'm glad it's all straightened out, and that you are still employed and with benefits, but good grief - how could you boss not know?! I'd have been ready to scream.

calliope said...

sheesh! I mean thank goodness and stuff, but good lawd with the lame!

I owe you an e-mail, but am going to be lazy and give you a quick YES to your weekend question!

Fragrantica said...

What a horror story!

I come here searching for some perfume facts and ended up reading your story with your employer... I have to admit I have felt deep rage because of things that happened to you. How they play with people is horrible.

Be good!